The Write Challenge is an annual writing contest for students within the Lakota Local School District. The contest is hosted by Lakota LEADS.
2021 WRITE CHALLENGE
THIS YEAR'S THEME IS CHALLENGE!
The word CHALLENGE has many meanings. Whether it’s a difficult question that needs to be answered, or a new sport that we want to try, we all face many challenges. What do you think of when you hear the word challenge? We look forward to reading the many creative ideas that you associate with this year’s theme: CHALLENGE.
- A stimulating task or problem
- To take exception to; call into question
- Something that by its very nature or character serves as a call to battle
- To summon to a contest of skill, strength, etc.
Interpret the topic however you like, just remember to follow the writing guidelines on the entry form. Good writing will cause to the reader to question, to cry, to laugh - in other words, to think and feel! We can’t wait to read your interpretation!
Before you begin
Contest is open to students K-12 who reside in the Lakota District.
Entries are due: Sunday, March 21, 2021
- Entries must be original and cannot have been previously published.
- Entries may be a poem, narrative, or essay.
- Winners will receive an award, their writing will be published in an anthology, and they will be honored at a virtual reception in the spring.See entry form for all details.
ANTHOLOGIES OF PAST WRITE CHALLENGE COMPETITIONS
Hope you enjoy reading them!